June 17th: Top Ten Books for People Who Like X Book (Pick a book and pick 10 read-alikes).
So, I decided to do my Top Ten Tuesday one of my my favourites books, if not my favourite book ever, On The Jellicoe Road, a contemporary YA novel set in Australia. I don't think any synopsis I make up for it gives it the justice it deserves. It's seriously that good. Find it here.
Top Ten Books for people who like On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
1) If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman.
Read it and weep, seriously.
2) Pushing the Limits by Kate McGarry.
This one isn't quite out yet, but it is amazing. Check out my review for it here. A really wonderful story.
3) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
Like Melina Marchetta's books, this book will break your heart. Again, and again, and again.
4) Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta.
Another one of Marchetta's great novels. Includes broken characters with a whole lot of depth, fabulous writing (as always), great friendships and first loves. Focuses on family.
5) Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols.
Great characters and character development and a unique plot. Great romance. Hot damn.
6) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.
Follows a girl who relives her last day seven times. A great reflection of high school and the people in it. Loads of great character development. A cute boy.
7) All I Ever Wanted by Vikki Wakefield.
A lesser known novel by another Australian author. It's just really great. You should read it.
8) This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen.
It's a Sarah Dessen book. Need I say more?
9) Looking For Alaska by John Green.
Just read it. Seriously.
10) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
I feel like every person on the planet has read this book already, but still. A beautiful yet haunting novel about a boy's freshman (I think?) year in high school.
(This list was in no particular order.)