Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Casting News! Jena Malone as Johanna Mason?




Now, before any gets super excited or wants to start a riot out of pure fury, keep in mind the key word here is: REPORTEDLY. There has been no word (that I know of anyway) from Lionsgate. Until they release an official statement, this is only a rumor, really.

27-year-old "Sucker Punch" actress Jena Malone has reportedly been offered the role of Johanna Mason in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. In case you've forgotten, Johanna Mason is a snarky victor from District 7, a previous winner of the Hunger Games. She won by pretending to act weak when in reality she was sly and cunning. Jena Malone's imdb page is here, if you want to check out the projects she has been in.  

Mia Wasikowska and Zoe Aggeliki are/were also reportedly up for the role.

Although I always pictured Johanna having darker skin (think Naya Rivera from Glee), I think that Jena Malone would make a very good Johanna, if this is all true. Even though I've only seen her in Sucker Punch, which wasn't a very good movie in my opinion, I really liked her. She definitely has the acting abilities that this role requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment