Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Book2Movie News! Luke and Madame Dorothea Cast In Mortal Instruments!

I doubt there's anything better than coming home to see Mortal Instruments movie news! Attention, Mortal Instruments Fandom, as two more actors have been cast! And here they are:

Aidan Turner has been cast as Luke. 



Now, I've gotta admit, this is not at all how I pictured Luke. I pictured him more as that guy from Gilmore Girls (I can't remember what his name was.. The one that worked at that cafe thing?) - a middle-aged guy with his hair starting to go grey. But hey, I'm all for this casting choice, because this guy is pretty damn gorgeous-looking. And apparently he is super talented. You may know him from Being Human, and he is also in the upcoming movie, The Hobbit. If you wanna check out more of what he has been in, find his list of films and other projects here.


And here is our lovely Madame Dorothea. She is being played by CCH Pounder.


This actress may look familiar as she's been on loads of shows including The X-files, ER and The West Wing. She definitely seems to fit the part and I'm glad that the people behind the movie seem to be keeping all the smaller roles from the book in the movie (fingers crossed for Raphael!). Find more about what she's been in here. 

So that's all the movie news for today. I'm sure they'll be even more news soon, as they start filming in August. I don't know about anyone else, but I am SO. DAMN. EXCITED. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is set to be in theatres in August, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment