Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Top 12 of 2012

Honorable mentions: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill, The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Storm by Brigid Kemmerer & The Asssassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke.

Note: Angelfall by Susan Ee would definitely be on the list too if I had not counted it as one of the books I read in 2011. (As I started it in 2011, finished in 2012) It'd be probably be the first or second on my list.

10.  Anya's Ghost, Vera Brosgol

I love this graphic novel. If you're into comics or graphic novels, check this one out. If you're not, check this one out. It's super witty, and sweet, and sometimes just down-right creepy. I always pick this one up when I'm feeling down. Review.


9. City of Lost Souls, Cassandra Clare
This nearly didn't make my list, but I just-- the fangirl in me would've been pissed if I hadn't. If you're at all familiar with my blog, you know I'm a huge Mortal Instruments fan. I love the characters, and the settings and the writing and it's just fabulous, okay? Plus there's Simon and Sizzy and who doesn't love both of those things? Review.

8. The Piper's Son, Melina Marchetta

Every book that Melina Marchetta comes out with is perfection. Really, the woman could do no wrong. Absolute writer crush write there. I fell in love with this book and its characters straight away, just like I do with any of her other books. If you haven't read any of her work yet, I strongly urge that you do so, because she is one of the best young adult writers out there at the moment. Review.

7. The Gallagher Girl series, Ally Carter

I didn't want to just include one of the books from her series, so I just included the series as a whole okay? These books are just a whole load of fun, and it's just so cool to be transported into the spy world. I absolutely adore all of the characters and their adventures. And the latest book made me sob like a child. It was embarrassing. Review. (Latest book in series)


6. Shadows, Paula Weston

I'm really sad that this book isn't more well known. It deserves to be. Written by an Aussie author, this book is one of the few Angel books that is actually worth reading. Think less Fallen, more Angelfall. Review.



5. Hex Hall series, Rachel Hawkins

Another case where I can't just include one book from the series. I read all of these over the span of like, three days, or something ridiculous. I loved them. Like the Gallagher Girls series, these are just really fun books and I recommend them if you don't want anything too deep. Review.

4. Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas

I actually squeled when I got an ARC of this because I knew I would love it, and obviously, I sure did. It was just pretty much everything I hoped it would be and more. So bad ass. And it had a love triangle that, for once, didn't make me want to throw the book--well, actually I was reading it on my phone, but still--across the room. Review.

3. Lux series, Jennifer L. Armentrout

This series is one of the ones I was pleasantly surprised with. I'll admit, I judged them by their cheesy covers and thought that I definitely wouldn't like the series, but I decided to give the first book a go after a couple of reviews I read, and I may be sorta kind totally obsessed with the series now. Review, review.

2. Insurgent, Veronica Roth

The sequel to Divergent. I'm pretty sure that everyone and their mum, and their mum's best friend, and their mum's best friends' dogs pet goldfish has read this book, but still, if you haven't, go read it because it's the best thing ever. Still not over the ending. Nope.

1. The Fault in Our Stars, John Green

IF YOU WANT YOU HEART RIPPED OUT AND STOMPED ON REPEATEDLY GO READ THIS BOOK. Okay, that probably doesn't make you want to read it. So, I'll say this - TFIOS is a simply beautiful book. It's witty, it's smart, it's thought-provoking and it really is the most wonderful thing that I have ever read. But you will need tissues. Lots of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment