Friday, June 22, 2012

New Mortal Instruments News! Jemima West cast as Izzy Lightwood.



So, if you're a Mortal Instruments fan who has been living under a rock these past few days or you're simply not a Mortal Instruments fan at all (which is totally unaccaptable .. Just joking), you might not know that our Isabelle was cast the other day! I was at school when I found out and I may or may not have started sobbing in class. Don't judge me. I've been seriously excited for this movie for years now, but things have really moved slowly in terms of the production for the movie. Lily Collins was cast as Clary late 2010 and Jamie Campbell Bower was cast as Jace mid-2011. We are truly The Fandom Who Waited.

Anyways, back on to who the cast as the bad ass Isabelle Lightwood... Let me just tell you, although I was rooting for Phoebe Tonkin aka Faye from the Secret Circle, I totally approve of this girl! She's gorgeous!

Introducing, Jemima West:


I haven't seen her acting, but from what I've heard, she's an amazing actress. If you're looking to check her out, here's her imdb page, listing all the stuff she's been in. By the way, she's french-english, so a lot of the stuff is French.

Here's what Cassandra Clare had to say about her:

"Jemima West. She’s beautiful (like whoa) and really talented. You can see her as Vittoria on The Borgias right now. And before anyone freaks out that she is blonde, she’ll be dying her hair for the role. :) She had a lot of Izzy’s toughness and directness in her audition. I like her."

So.. wow! Good to hear some casting news finally! Clare said she was also going to post who was casted as Alec as she made that announcement, but then had to hold off because of scheduling issues or something. She did, however, say that the person they cast is British and has dark hair. He is also someone we might know. She has confirmed the people not playing him are Ben Barnes, Chris Riggi, Nicholas Hoult, Douglas Booth, Aaron Johnson and Freddie Highmore.

 She also said that Simon should be announced sometime in July, as apparently he is a hard person cast. (And I'm all cool with that, because frankly, Simon needs to be perfect.)

... And here's a look at our really good-looking  and talented cast so far!








No comments:

Post a Comment